This week marks the final countdown to the move to our new hospice by Bray Lake. As we prepare to welcome our first patients and visitors to our new state-of-the-art facility from Monday 12 October 2020, our CEO Debbie Raven updates us on the progress of our move and welcomes us for the first time to our new hospice:
It is even more fitting that we are moving to our new hospice during Hospice Care Week 2020. This week (5-11 October) is an annual celebration of hospice care across the UK. Across the week we have been showcasing our new hospice and highlighting what 'it will take' to care for even more local families, now and for generations to come.
- Our new Inpatient Unit will have 28 private en-suite bedrooms across three wings – Kingfisher, Heron and Otter - each with a private terrace, space for families to stay overnight and a special Jacuzzi bathroom
- A new dedicated Day Therapy Suite we will be doubling our services
- Our new Education and Training Centre will be a centre of excellence supporting our staff, carers and healthcare professionals across our community
- Our Therapies Team will offer Lymphoedema and wellbeing services to patients and carers in five new dedicated clinic rooms
- In a new state-of-the-art rehabilitation centre, generously funded by the Louis Baylis Trust, our Physiotherapists will work with our patients to create a tailored exercise plan to improve and maintain their strength, endurance and mobility
- Our Palliative Care Response Team will be able to spend 600 more hours per year caring for patients in the comfort of their own homes
- Four counselling rooms at our new hospice will provide emotional support to our patients and their loved ones
- Patients and loved ones will have access to eight acres of beautiful landscaped and wheelchair-friendly gardens, with magnificent views over Bray Lake
- Café by the Lake will be open daily from 8am-7pm, serving mouth-watering refreshments to visitors and the general public
Follow us on Facebook for more updates, photos and videos from our new hospice.