With just one month to go until the big move to our new home, there is a ‘hive’ of activity at both our current and new hospice site!
This week our iconic stained glass window in the Sanctuary at Pine Lodge was carefully removed and transported to our new hospice. It is wonderful that we can take some of our much-loved Pine Lodge memories and embed them into our new building.
So much is happening on site at our new hospice in preparation for us welcoming our staff, volunteers and first patients from 12 October. Here are just a few upcoming highlights:
· Many furniture and equipment deliveries with big furniture orders, garden furniture and soft furnishings, such as curtains and blinds, arriving
· Setting up and stocking our Café by the Lake and retail shop which will be located in the main reception in the magnificent rotunda
· Both our internal and external directional and informational signs will be installed around the building
· Lots of cleaning once each area is completed
· Landscaping work continues to create the stunning gardens in our eight acres of land, with lots of planting still do, sculptures to be installed and outdoor furniture to be placed in and around the grounds. As you can see from the photo below, the bridge over the watercourse is now in place and looking beautiful!